Desert Island Standards
By National Computing Centre
Daniel Dresner of the National Computing Centre introduces eight standards which will help form strong foundations for your organisation's ICT systems.
The article include brief introductions to the following standards.
- ISO 15288 Information Technology - Life Cycle Management - System Life Cycle Phases
- ISO 9126 Software engineering - Product quality
- BS 15000 IT Service Management
- ISO 15504 Information technology - Software process assessment
- The Data Protection Act 1998
- STARTS Software Techniques for Reliable, Strusted Sytems
- e-GIF - the e-Government Interoperability Framework
- ISO 18019 Guidelines for the design and preparation of user focumentation for application software
Dresner says what each standard is for, and why and how you should use it.
Download and read the full article Desert Island Standards (PDF, 540kb)
This article requires Adobe Acrobat. If you don't already have this, download it from Adobe.
Published: 27th September 2006
Copyright © 2006 National Computing Centre
This article/survey is copyright The National Computing Centre and is published with the permission of The National Computing Centre.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.